Wednesday 25 January 2012

independence day of my three year old

Sometimes I wish children came with those anti-theft gadgets or microchips to be traced when they decide they're old enough to take a free stroll into the wild. Today my three year old son scared living daylight out of me by disappearing into the vast garden and kept quiet while I was searching for him and shouting myself hoarse. Then ten minutes later, hysteric and voiceless, I found him sitting on a wall in the far end of the garden, hidden by high plants in the vegetable patch, just waiting for me to come nearer, his arms neatly folded in his lap. I asked why on earth he didn't come when I called him, and he said he didn't want to. As simple as that.  

1 comment:

  1. Beautifully written!!! And yes, that happened to me to, a couple of times. My younger one hid himself in our car - God knows how he had managed to open it. I was pulling my hair out and feeling prestroke. And he was sitting their, in his car seat, happy and ready to go, probably watching me and my husband running circles.

    ReplyDelete